Sunday, July 20, 2008

Curious About Chance???

So you were probably expecting another entry based of my crazy fun weekend; however, I found something even better to share with you all.  Normally I do not put a lot of stock into what the Orange County Register's horoscopes say, but today's told me to go out and rent a few movies.

Being an OUT actor I felt it necessary to get at least one film that supports my profession and those that work so hard for me and others like me to have careers.  

So I headed down to Blockbuster to see what they would have to offer.  I know what you might be thinking.  The chances of finding an LGBT film in Blockbuster should be like finding a needle in a haystack...  Or perhaps a gaystack, depending on the film; however some maybe surprised to know that Blockbuster (The one near my house anyway) actually carries a decent stock of LGBT films.  In the last year I have rented from them:  Eating Out, Eating Out 2, Boy Culture, Dante's Cove Season 1, and Another Gay Movie.  

Originally I was going to rent "Edge of Seventeen" or "Gypsy 83", both directed by the fabulous Todd Stephen's, both recommended recently on the highly popular LGBT website The Smoking Cocktail.com. While browsing I happened upon "The Curiosity of Chance," which I believe re-screened at this years OUTFEST.  (Side note, while I have not yet seen "Edge of Seventeen" or "Gypsy 83" I do fully intend on renting them at some point...  That is if Blockbuster carries them.)



"The Curiosity of Chance" was written and directed by Russell P. Marleau and is by far the best LGBT Film I have seen.  The writing and direction provided by Marleau was stunning and the performances the cast delivered really assisted in creating a visual representation of his art.  The film stars Tad Hilgenbrinck (American Pie Presents:  Band Camp) as Chance Marquis

 

and Brett Chuckerman (Eating Out 2) as Levis Sparks.  

Brett Chuckerman
The story is set in the 1980's "The decade fashion forgot"..." and follows Chance through his first year at a new school and the struggles he faced while trying to fit in.

If you are looking for an outstanding LGBT film or a sweet 80's retro movie, I definitely suggest that you check out "The Curiosity of Chance."


Tad Hilgenbrinck
www.thecuriosityofchance.com

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your awesome review of 'CHANCE' -- glad you liked it. And thanks for letting people know about it -- it's very much appreciated. (It's also on sale over at tlavideo -- u should buy a copy for your DVD-library ;-)

Congrats 2 u on being an out actor. Best of luck in your career.

Best,
-Russell Marleau
writer/director
THE CURIOSITY OF CHANCE

Abominable Sandman said...

Kudos on the review. It's funny to hear about your blockbuster experience :-)

CuriosityofChance said...

Hi Daniel,

I totally liked the movie too. Just watched it recently and thought it was really sweet and funny! Both guys are quite cute and hot, especially Levy. :)

Anyhow, I work in marketing for the production company of The Curiosity of Chance and wanted to send you our contest details in honor of National Coming Out Day on October 11. We would appreciate it if you could let your readers know they can win $500 cash for entering their best comedic coming out story.

Do they have a hilarious coming out story? Was the way in which they told their family and friends truly unique and funny? Do they have some great stories of how people reacted? Let them tell us about it!

We would give you a banner/widget you can stick on your page to make sure your readers click on it and get to where they need to go. The rules are simple. They can e-mail in a story of 1-3 pages in length and/or a video link to a personal account of the story. Best overall FUNNY story wins!! Once the winner is announced in early November, we will let you know and you can feature it on your website.

Since National Coming Out Day is on October 11 and our contest ends at the end of October it would be great if you could put up the banner/widget as soon as possible.

Please let me know what you are planning on doing and I can email you the HTML code to embed the banner/widget on your site. Unfortunately, the computer won't let me leave you the code on this comment page, so just drop me a line on konstanze.pelargus [at] bigfoot.net.

You can also check out the official website at http://www.thecuriosityofchance.com/ which has a couple of photos you can download if you like.

Thank you,

Konstanze Pelargus
konstanze.pelargus [at] bigfoot.net
Marketing Consultant
Bigfoot Entertainment